Position Type: Contract – Part
Application Deadline: 3/14/2008
COPE is a progressive municipal
political party with 40 years of history. In preparation for the November 2008
civic election, COPE is looking for a creative and experienced fundraiser.
* Creation of a fundraising plan.
* Creating materials related to
* Targeting major donors.
* Working with COPE Organizer to
utilize volunteers in the implementation of plan.
* Working with the Fundraising
Committee, the Executive and other COPE staff and volunteers to achieve the
specific objectives as set out in the fundraising plan.
* Other related tasks as required.
* Direct fundraising experience in
the political, not-for-profit, charity or corporate sector.
* Ability to take direction and
work cooperatively. Ability to do self-directed work.
* Experience and creativity around
* Strong written and interpersonal
* Good knowledge of Vancouver civic politics.
* Ability to format and manage
documents and web content.
* Multiple languages.
* Strong Vancouver network.
* Post-secondary degree.
The fundraiser will work 25 hours
a week with the possibility for full time employment. Hours are flexible as is
the possibility of financial incentives.
We thank all candidates for their
interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Compensation Type: Hourly
Job Contact Information
Coalition of Progressive Electors