COPE Campaign Committee Minutes
Tuesday June 12, 2018 7pm 911 West 21st Ave.
Present: Wendy, Connie (Co-Chair) , John Y. Riaz, Gary, Rider (Co-Chair), Esther, Jean, Carol, Tristan, Sam, Sara, Meena, Kombi, John (minute taker)
Territory Acknowledgement: Connie
Adoption of Agenda for Executive Meeting: MSC
Adoption of minutes from Executive Meeting June 2 2018: MSC
Code of Conduct: Volunteering – Ben, Sara, Wendy, Rider, Carol, Aiden, John: to draft asap.
- Chain of Command: Gary moves – COPE hire an interim campaign liaison to carry out our immediate organizing (outreach) needs for the next 4 weeks. MSC
- Sara moves COPE appoint a liaison to coordinate our communications needs for 4 weeks to report weekly to the COPE Campaign and/or Executive Committee. MSC
- Wendy moves COPE will have a working budget for the above work (labour) up to $6000. MSC
- Wendy moves COPE strike up a hiring committee to work out an implementation plan and job descriptions. MSC
(Hiring Committee’s first meeting Friday, June 15 2018, Four Sisters, 7PM.)
- Campaign Manager: deferred
- Communications: as above
- Temporary structure (canvassing)
- Series of actions to carry out: Jean (Tristan to forward Jean’s list to Hiring Committee)
Fundraising – Wendy and Connie:
- Wendy – Collection at June 10 2018 COPE Nomination Meeting: $16,000 (approx.) .
- Connie – COPE’s 50th Anniversary Celebration Tuesday June 26 – Highly important that the entire Executive attend!
- Connie moves That COPE take off the dance portion of the Anniversary evening. MSC. Volunteers needed for the Silent Auction.
- Sara – Nomination Conference membership renewals, new members, and one PAC: $215 total.
Fusion Committee: Sara moves That the Hiring Committee overlap with the Fusion Committee. Motion withdrawn.
- June 16 (Westend) Car free – Connie moves COPE hire Ngaire to create a fused leaflet for Car Free days. MSC
- June 17 (Main St) Car free
- June 23 East Side Pride
- June 24 Hot Pink Pathways
- July 8 (Commercial) Car free
- Cumberland Miners’ Memorial June 22-23 – Carol moves COPE buy a wreath for $100. MSC
Other Business: nil
New Business: Mayoral candidate – not discussed.
Next Executive Meeting: June 19 2018 911 W. 21st