COPE Campaign Committee Agenda DRAFT
August 21st 2018 532 Main Street Vancouver
Present: Carol, Shawn, Connie (Co-Chair), Esther, Meena, Andrea, Alan, Wendy, John A. (minutes), Derrick, Linda, Bill, Ishamam, Tristan, Sara, Riaz, John Y., Rider (Co-Chair), Darlene, Diana, Jean
- Call to Order: 2:09PM
- Territory Acknowledgement: C. Hubbs
Wrap up time – Wendy motion, Carol second. Meeting to end at 3:30PM. Carried, one against.
- Adoption of the Campaign Committee Meeting Agenda:
- Adoption of the August 7 2018 Campaign Committee Meeting
Minutes. Bill Motion, Wendy second: To adopt the August 7th 2018 Campaign Committee minutes. Carried.
- Campaign Manager Report: presentation by Shawn Vulliez on the COPE Campaign plan moving forward (see summary attached)
Anne R. Motion, John A. second. To endorse the #AllOnBoard campaign:
A two-fold: free transit for all children and youth 0-18 and a sliding scale pass based on income for adults. Carried
- Finance Report (Carol): See attached
- Fundraising Report (Wendy/Riaz): See Shawn’s report
- Candidate Reports: nil
- Old Business: Esther motion, John A. second: COPE Campaign Committee fully endorses Bill Hopwood’s suggestions regarding inclusion in our literature: the environment. Carried.
John Yano motion, Esther second: To create a specific message box and separate leaflet underscoring the environment.
Carol motion, second Bill: referral of the above motion to staff and the communications working group. Carried.
- New Business:
Office Management, Rider: need for recycling system – paper, plastics, cardboard, green bin, blue box.
COPE 2018 Platform now ready for uploading.
Posting of assistance for office and code of conduct – strategy
- Next meeting time and location: Bill motion, John A. second: Next Campaign Committee meeting September 11th 532 East Broadway.
- Meeting adjourned: 3:30PM