COPE Executive Meeting
12 Jan 2020
WRITTEN TABLE OFFICE REPORTS
Co-chairs – Nancy & Tristan
SRO Rent Control campaign
- >140 people signed online petition
- We phone banked on Dec 7: 25 confirmed for rally, 11 signed up to speak, 3 wrote letters
- 75 speakers signed up, speakers cancelled, motion passed unamended
- Mayor has written letter to province; next step pressure campaign on province
Holiday Fundraising drive (thanks Gabriel!)
- Monthly donors: $800 in new monthly donations from 42 new donors (av level $19 / month)
- One-time donations: $1,850 in one-time donations, including a $1,200 cheque which he will give annually (basically a $100/month PAC but he prefers cheque
- We did not ask existing PAC holders to increase yet! Gabe will be working until Jan
-Continue to work reaching out to form a stronger coalition. Organizing a Community discussion in collaboration with Carmen Aguirre and her new theatrical production. Consultation with allies in USA in the same matter. Organizing a community meeting with Mexican consulate as well as with the political LA groups to ask them to endorse and participate.
-Working with the VDLC in areas of international solidarity, undocumented workers and other possible local actions. We also are discussing with UFCW a possible partnership on urban workers.
-Supported and will continue to support Gabriel and Tristan’s Fundraising efforts to obtain our target as planned.
Submitted application for the 2020 year vendor’s space.
Treasurer – Zach
Fundraiser – Connie
Membership – Sara
Corresponding – Rocco
Recording – vacant