COPE Commissioner Loretta Woodcock is asking Vision Vancouver to signal their support in keeping Bloedel’s geodesic dome intact as a legacy building for Vancouver. Recently the Vancouver Park Board issued a Request for Expressions of Interest to seek business cases or concepts for the future use of the facility, in order to address the Bloedel Conservatory’s deficit operating budget.
- Surge in membership forces COPE to change AGM location
- Parks Committee Letter on the Hastings Park Governance Plan
- COPE would make Vancouver a Sanctuary City, would ban the filming of “reality television” shows that harass residents or workers based on citizenship status
- COPE’s annual policy conference a huge success: Party prepares groundwork for 2014 election, will present concrete plans and fight for a more affordable and inclusive Vancouver
- Five reasons to be concerned about the City/Park Board’s proposed new operating agreement with Vancouver’s Community Centre Associations